76 Eldorado trunk question

I'm considering this car, but a couple of small things I'd like to check out first. How can I open the trunk? I recall that these cars had a 'soft close'
feature, this one is stuck as shown. Also, does anyone know the availability of the plastic inserts that are missing between the rear bumper and the trunk lid?
Thanks in advance for any help.
--
Remove all the x's to email.

D'Oh! - here's a link to a picture: http://homepage.mac.com/pdrnec/PhotoAlbum137.html
Pat Drnec wrote:

--
Remove all the x's to email.

I was unable to see the picture (the website reports an error) so I don't know exactly what you're describing or what you tried. I take it the key doesn't work. Does the trunk have a power release button in the glove box? Other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest without having a clear picture of the problem.
The rear bumper fillers are readily available from multiple suppliers. My '75 needs them as well, and they cost about $500 for the complete set.
Pat Drnec wrote:

-
Does it have a Valet switch behind the glove box door? If it does, is it turned off? With the switch on, it makes the trunk release inoperable.
--
Don
Vancouver, USA