79 DeVille 425 FI barely runs cloud of smoke HELP!

Greetings! I have just gotten a beautiful 79 DeVille. It had been sitting for some time and I am going over the problems. The car ran strong but needed a
radiator, master cylinder, new brake lines and a few other small thing. While I was testing the radiator repair, I had it running for about 20 minutes. The idle slowly decreased until it almost stalled and the now it barely runs and blows black carbon out of the exhaust and you can smell the raw fuel. I replaced the ignition module as I had another car do the same thing but that was not it.
Any ideas?
Thanks! Garry Mystic, CT
You should subscribe to this Yahoo Groups THECML http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thecml / You can search the archives, there are many knowledgeable people familiar with the FI engines.
steven M

sounds like fuel pressure and possible restricted air flow, is it TBI or Multi?

the
This car still had a carburetor. I would look for choke sticking partly closed. It that is ok, sounds like a carb rebuild would be in order. Roy

it
same