83 seville AC/Heater Woes

I recently bought a 1983 cadillac seville for my wife to use for work, afterabout two weeks, the blower (or maybe it's the fan) for the car's heat/ac will now not shut of even after the car is shut off and the key
removed from the ignition...a friend who knows a bit about cars disconnected a circuit to stop the fan from blowing and killing the battery in the car, but now there is no heat or A/C in her car! Is there any way to tell what needs to be fixed? And how much this would roughly cost?