89 Coupe DeVille Coolant leak...........please help me

While driving in my 89 Deville, 4.5 liter I began to smell antifreeze in the car. No signs of smoke or steam, temp lkight did not come on. Not a big loss of coolant from the coolant reserve tank on the side. Could this
be associated with the heater core. HOw hard is this to fix? Can I use some stop leak?
Charlie- 89 Coupe, 88K

You could try some BarsLeaks pellets or Golden Seal but most likely the core is shot. Usually you remove the two hoses at the firewall and remove the core by removing the glove compartment and anything else in the way. Buy the best core you can get or you may be doing the job again soon. FWIW YMMV DFB
"When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all." - Justice William O. Douglas