90 Fleetwood coolant fan.

My sister in-law has a 90 Cadillac Fleetwood 4.5 V8. The cooling fans still run after the car is shut off. So not to run the battery down she disconnected the battery. Does anyone know why the fans still run while
the car is off?? Thanks to anyone who can help!
Hot coolant.
--
Don
Vancouver, USA

Maybe a little more explanation is in order?
The circuit that runs the fans is NOT disconnected when the car is turned off. So....if the coolant is hot enough to require the fans to run, turning the ignition off will NOT stop them. If this is the case, they should stop on their own after a minute or two.
If they do not stop after a couple of minutes, then the coolant temperature switch is likely stuck.

weather. Do they ever shut off? If so, when.
The fans will not shutt off when the car is off. It ran for over three hours and it was still on. Even after it sat for days the batter was connected and they were still on. It sounds like the coolant temperature switch but I am unable to find it.