93 Eldordado Problems w/ CD player and Speedometer

I have a 93 Eldorado that has on two problems that I lknow of:
1) I can't get a CD into the player.. nor do I see one stuck in it.
Is it relatively easy to remove this radio/CD unit ?

2) Occasionally the speedometer sticks on ' 0 '. Just a slight tap or      two above the speedometer on the dash will unstick it.
What can I do to fix this little annoyance? Is this an electrical     loose/corroded problem? A typical problem of cars this             vintage?
     Other than these two quirks... this car is in excellent shape w/ less than 47,000 miles.
I have original Cadillac shop manuals, but I'd like to hear from someone who has had direct experience before I start to open it up.
Thank you!

Just remove the ashtray/console trim by pulling up around the floor shifter to release the clips(I'm assuming it's floor shift) and pulling toward rear and lay aside, remove the square plastic bezel around the radio first. There should be four 10mm nuts on top and bottom of radio and extract it. As far as the cluster sticking, it's only serviced by repair or replacement.
Certainly,
Thank you for your quick response. You sound like you have been there and done that... just what I'm lookin' for in this scenario! :)
Eldor