95 ElDorado Problems

My Father-in Law's 1995 Cadillac ElDorado, 148,000 Miles.
My father-in-law is an 86 year old German and he lives in Germany and drives a 1995 Caddy ElDorado.
Problem: While driving the engine dies. However after 30 seconds the car will start up again and run fine for a while, until the engine dies again. Repeat as necessary.
Brought in to Cadillac mechanic and they said busted sensor (which sensor unknown but it was replaced). However that did not fix the problem.
He brought it back to the Cadillac mechanic and computer said everything was ok. They kept it for a couple of days and test-drove it and nothing happened.
He picked it up and drove it for 14 days without any problems and then the same thing started again.
He thinks it runs hot 106c (222F) and Cadillac people say 108c (226F) is hot.
My credentials.
1946 Series 62 sedan (room enough for a billiard table in the rear area).SOLD
1976 Deville Coupe. SOLD
1982 Seville STS with Touring package (2nd hand from the Cadillac dealer, a great Interstate highway runner, Bose sound system, a living room on wheels). SOLD
Now driving:
1989 Jeep Cherokee Limited (a great 4X4 and it refuses to die)
2003 Porsche 911 Cabrio (996, 2nd hand from the Porsche dealer, a great ride)
--
Moderation in Moderation, Serge A. Storm

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:09:42 +0200, "Low Life #3"

Could be the ignition module. The cooling fans don't even come on until 225 deg F. Is he seeing these temps running at speed or at idle in traffic?
: : Could be the ignition module.
thanks, I'll pass that along soon as I figure out what ignition module is in Deutsch.
: The cooling fans don't even come on until 225 deg F. Is he seeing : these temps running at speed or at idle in traffic?
I don't know, but I'll pass that on as well.
Hello Low:
218-228 is a normal temperature range for the Northstar engine cooling system. If it goes beyond 230+, then you should start to worry. Check the radiator (sp), coolant tank, and all hoses for problems. It seems to me that if your car is cutting off, and the cooling system is operating properly, then the fuel system needs to be checked thouroghly.
Peace,
Famous