96 SLS Dash Problem

When it has been cold out, my dash is dead and does not light up except for warning lights for SERVICE ENGINE SOON, ABS, and AIRBAG. When I try to start
the car, it turns over, runs for a few seconds and then dies. If the all of the dash warning lights come on, then the car starts right up.
I happen to know when it won't start in the morning when I open the door and the interior lights won't come on. And after a couple of minutes with the key on the on position, the headlights will pop on, but the dash is still dead.
I've been able to start the car, drive a little ways and then have the dash flicker on and off or just stay off for a few minutes, then eventually have them flicker and then come back on. Of course, the car stays running (unlike my attempt to start it with a dead dash).
Any help would be appreciated.
Tommy
You probably have a bad cluster,since the passkey controller is in the cluster, starts and dies is classic passkey fault, once it is running, will not kill ignition but lights go crazy. Take the cluster to your local dealer to send out for repair, I don't think that specmo (rebuilder) deals with individuals.

for
start
of
and
dash
have
(unlike
Thanks, but I failed to mention that I have had the cluster replaced. I took it to a local Cadillac dealer who said that all they could find was there was corrosion in the battery cable. However, they want to charge me $141 for the cable and another $300 for the installation.
How hard is it to install a battery cable? I understand it's a two cable system and see that one runs underneath the intake to the starter, but I haven't seen where the other one runs.

the
still