98 eldorado door noise

my '98 eldo's driver side window makes a rattling (metal & glass touching) noise when driving on little bumps. the funny thing is that the noise only comes out when the power window is all the way up, and
when it is even a 1/8" down, the noise disappears. the problems is if i drive windows slightly lowered on highway, i get wind noise instead, not to mention if its raining, some rain would come inside.
has anybody had a similar experience and how did you fix it?? if you know good body shop that can fix this problem in NYC area, let me know which one and how much it would cost.