Allante Experience

It's a swell car, but you almost have to be an engineer to own one. They are way over-engineered, but beautifully built. Parts are there, but you really have to look for them. I bought a second one with a bad transmission for parts... kept everything I wanted, and sold off the rest and actually made money on the deal. Watch for subtle changes in model years. 1987-88 were initial models with smaller engines and no CD player, no air bags, and a mickey-mouse convertible top. The bigger engine came in 89, and there was a slight change in tail-light design. The new top design came out in 1991 in a much improved latching system that is less problematic. 1992 was the best year.

1993 was all different, and almost nothing fits other models, but it has the Northstar engine. with more power. Nice car if you can tinker with it yourself.
Reply to
Richard Armstrong