Any opinions on ALLANTES

Does anyone have any positives or negatives they can tell me about the Cadillac Allante, I would like to purchase one but need to know more about them.

Another GM bad idea car. MB SL wanna-be with the wrong wheels driven, a mediocre engine (until they put in the Northstar at the end), a crummy dash, poor resale, mediocre handling, expensive to fix (Al body made in Italy), and homely looks.
About the only good thing to say about it is that it was featured in a memorable Married With Children episode.
You're better off getting a used SL.
- nopcbs