Automatic Level Control on 98 STS makes NOISE.

When car starts up is the level control motor supposed to make noise? It's pretty loud. I never heard it before. The mechanic says its supposed to make noise, is that true?

TIA

Terry

Reply to
TGS

It's a small air pump and yes they make some noise.

Reply to
Don Schmidt

yes it is loud, you will hear the compressor cycle and bring the 'bags' up to required pressure. Mine seems to cycle just about every time I drive it. I have 65K on it now and it has always been that way.

Reply to
phatsts