? BLACK BOX ?

I saw a news clip stating that auto manufactures are installing BLACK BOXES in cars that record speed and a few other items. Wondering if anyone knows if BLACK BOXES were installed in 2003 DHS
DeVilles? If yes, where can I find information about locating the box and disconnecting it. Please reply to: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Obviously, remove mapson in the above E-mail address to reply. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Regards to all.
They are there for the same purpose similar "black boxes" are in planes. To analyze the car's activity in the final moments before a collision. I don't know if it would violate any laws if a "black box" was disconnected or removed. I think they are place in random vehicles industry wide.
--
Don
Vancouver, USA

Early in the "Black Box" program they were under the driver's seat. As they become standard equipment I would guess they will be placed anywhere there is available space.
--
Don
Vancouver, USA