brake booster

I have a 2000 escalade, the brakes became very spongy, and air was leaking at the firewall where the rod goes into the booster. Do i need a new booster?

Reply to
mtnmusicman

mtnmusicman wrote: m>I have a 2000 escalade, the brakes became very spongy, and air was leaking m>at the firewall where the rod goes into the booster. Do i need a new m>booster? m>

When air leaks into the booster, vacuum, therefore vacuum-assist decreases, leading to a *harder* pedal feel.

However, if air gets into the hydraulic system, or the MC is failing, that can show up as spongy brakes. There could be other reasons as well.

Reply to
Bela