Buying an older Caddy.. (?)

I'm seriously considering buying a 2000 Cadillac Seville SLS. It's in excellent physical condition and is priced right. I'm a bit concerned about the milage (and thus am here asking the questions...) ~ Get this, it has 124,000 miles and they're selling it for $6900. The KBB value with that milage is about $12k.

So, here are my questions:

1) Do Cadillac's have a reasonable survival rate >90k miles? 2) Should I run the other way screaming? 3) What should I look for? What are the tell-tale signs that I should look for to avoid?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

RIp

Reply to
Riptex

rip

having just bought an 97 seville with 86k, i know from experience while i was shopping around that they regularly hit 130k with no problems. Any look in one of them car seller books will show more than a few with high mileage. Call em up, and ask how the caddy's running. Your more likely to get a very positive review of it than not.

good luck,

Riptex wrote:

Reply to
gardentart

You're excited by its asking price - $6,900 for a 5 year old car that originally cost what? $35,000? $40,000?

20% of original cost after 5 years?

Seems very low, but, look through e-bay to see what similar cars are really fetching.

There are too many flood victim cars on the market to just assume this is not one of them.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I know... I am as big a skeptic as anyone reading this forum. I did some more research and the vehicle was a 'local' vehicle. We're about

1500 miles north of Louisiana. It's still sitting there. I test-drove it and was impressed all around; still.... I'm timid about the high mileage.

One of the Cadillac (used) dealers here told me that I should wait until February. Apparently Tax season coincides with Cadillac Trade-Ins. That would translate into more vehicles on the market & better deals.

Reply to
Riptex