Buying an older Caddy.. (?)

I'm seriously considering buying a 2000 Cadillac Seville SLS. It's in excellent physical condition and is priced right. I'm a bit concerned about the milage (and thus am here asking the questions...) ~ Get this,
it has 124,000 miles and they're selling it for $6900. The KBB value with that milage is about $12k.
So, here are my questions:
1) Do Cadillac's have a reasonable survival rate >90k miles? 2) Should I run the other way screaming? 3) What should I look for? What are the tell-tale signs that I should look for to avoid?
Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks!
RIp
rip
having just bought an 97 seville with 86k, i know from experience while i was shopping around that they regularly hit 130k with no problems. Any look in one of them car seller books will show more than a few with high mileage. Call em up, and ask how the caddy's running. Your more likely to get a very positive review of it than not.
good luck,
Riptex wrote:

You're excited by its asking price - $6,900 for a 5 year old car that originally cost what? $35,000? $40,000?
20% of original cost after 5 years?
Seems very low, but, look through e-bay to see what similar cars are really fetching.
There are too many flood victim cars on the market to just assume this is not one of them.
I know... I am as big a skeptic as anyone reading this forum. I did some more research and the vehicle was a 'local' vehicle. We're about 1500 miles north of Louisiana. It's still sitting there. I test-drove it and was impressed all around; still.... I'm timid about the high mileage.
One of the Cadillac (used) dealers here told me that I should wait until February. Apparently Tax season coincides with Cadillac Trade-Ins. That would translate into more vehicles on the market & better deals.