cadillac eldorado 1992

my cadillac runs hot after the car sits for 20 minutes or more to 225, before i turn off the engine, the cooling fans do not come on at all. 2nd problem is my car wont shift out of 1st gear when i drive it now, so
it just sits till i get a answer

The temps are normal. My '93 Eldo goes up to between 225 and 230 in traffic then the fans go on and the temp drops to about 215. Then the fans go off and the cycle starts over. Fans usually don't come on until about 230 +/- a bit. Next time, start up and let it idle until temp goes up. Open the hood and watch for the fans to come on. It hits 235 and they don't come on you probably have a problem with the temp sensor. Does the car shift after it warms up? If the problem is just when cold sometimes a new trans filter and fresh fluid will fix that. When was the trans last serviced? FWIW YMMV DFB
you may try a $40-$50 speed sensor. only a possibility, however.