Check Coolant Level/Seville 97 sls

...the CHECK COOLANT LEVEL light in my 97 seville sls on my diagnostic board is on. I have checked coolant in the resevoir and it is full or near full each time. Also, the temp gauge reads normal.
I noticed my manual says when this light is on to have the coolant system serviced. Doesnt say to check the fluids. What is there to servicing the coolant sytem?
TIA g
The coolant degrades over time and ought to be renewed. Its pH can be checked for acidity first to avoid needless expense. Some mfrs called for replacement after two years but have since extended that interval on their newest (all aluminum engine) models.
those cars use a little bb in the jug where your cap is. over time the bb which signals a magnetic switch gets corroded and stuck.. their are two little wires plugged into your jug smack the area near the wires and see if the light goes out. flushig by sticking a hose in the jug at full blast may also help good luck..
If you have the cooling system serviced, coolant replaced be sure the sealant pills are added. Aluminum block engines are known to be porous and you don't want any anti-freeze getting into the oil pan.
--
Don
Vancouver USA