CODE 53 AND 55

PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS ONE, I'M TO PIN POINT THE PROBLEM ON 1990 CADILLAC DEVILLE. CODE 53 & 55 CAME UP ON MY SCAN TOOL, I REPLACE MY TPS SENSOR BUT IT KEEPS ON WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. THE STUMBLES AND HESITATES WHILE WARMING UP AND ON DRIVE, IF I LEAVE THE CAR TO IDLE FOR AWHILE IT SEEMS LIKE THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. BUT I SOONEST I STEP ON GAS PEDAL IT STARTS YHIS NOISE LIKE FIRECRACKERS IN MY EXAUST PIPES. CODE 53 READS DISTRIBUTOR SIGNAL INTERRUPT, CODE 55 READS TPS SENSOR BAD OR MIS ADJUSTED. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME ON THIS ONE, PLEASE REPLY A.S.A.P.

Reply to
GDB

What you need is a diagnostic chart to perform the procedures for these codes.

Contact me at my e-mail address for pictures and diagnostics.

chaz

Reply to
autotech