COLD SEVILLE 97 SLS

.........my recently purchased 97 seville sls is a bit cold in starting up in the mornings. Pumping the pedal a few times before turning the key worked like a
charm for a while, but now its back to being cold. The battery on board diagnostic reads 11.4 volts before ever turning the key,..........after it starts, after about 4 or 5 turns, .....it reads 14 + volts.
Afterewards, as i use the car during the day, its not a problem. Is the problem my battery? Alternator?
Any help appreciated,
thanks
gil

This is a figment of your imagination. Pumping the pedal does NOTHING for a fuel injected car!

Your terminology "being cold" is a little confusing. I assume you are trying to say it is slow to fire when cold but once it does fire up, it runs OK.
Most likely the battery is getting weak. Have it load tested. Should be about 12.6 with no load. Also could be fuel pump or relay.
Battery is the prime suspect. Since you probably don't know its age let's just estimate the original battery was replaced after 4 years, maybe 5 years - that's 2001 or 2002. Its now 4 or 5 years later and time for a new battery, especially given its low voltage.
Always focus on the simple stuff first.
thanks for the response, TG. I replaced the battery this past saturday and its working fine now. Quick start ups every morning.
thanks for chiming in,
gil