CTS-V

I own a 04 CTS-V and would like to do some changes to it. I hate the 1st to 4th shifer at low rpms. Any computer fixes for that. Also I would like to override the DVD player "turn off" when the car is moving. I know
it illegal to drive while a movie is playing on the screens, however I will take my chances.
On the LT1 corvettes, you could kill the 1-4 shift mechanism by unplugging a solenoid on the right side of the transmission. There were even cheap plugs sold to cover the contacts that were exposed (although I found electricians tape worked fine).
Not sure if GM still uses that same system. Maybe.