Diagram Delco MDA (Modulated Displacement)

Is there someone who can help me with the diagram of the Modulated Displacement (MDA Board) ? My 1981 Cadillac DeVille need this board repaired and first I thought it might be easy to find this part. But sofar I can not locate a spare part. With the help of a diagram it should not be to hard to get this fixed. Thanks so far.

/Bennie

Reply to
Bennie

The V8-6-4 368 was one of the most unreliable, ill-conceived chunks of the era. In fact, yours is only the second example I have ever heard of that was the subject of an attempt at repair. In all honesty, you may be better served to replace the motor with something more conventional. The car was available with a 252 V6, the Modulated 368, or a 350 Olds diesel, so I would think a small block Olds (350/307 would be a good suggestion) would go in with relatively minimal parts swapping. Just for kicks, I checked the Delco distributor we use at work and found nothing. If a dealer can't locate the part, you're probably hosed. As far as a diagram, your best (only?) bet would be to obtain a proper Helm factory service manual

Mark

Reply to
Marky

I repaired the MDA controller board. Made the diagram myself and it is easy to see how this works. A transistor what enables the MDA if the ignition is on was the problem. Because there are no spares available anymore I will offer help for someone who likes to have this repaired or tested on functionality. Please contact me. I'm located in California.

/Bennie

Reply to
Bennie