Drive Performance Question

I have a 97 Cadillac Seville STS. While driving at any speed the vehicle surges while the A/C is on. When I turn off the A/C the vehicle drives fine. With the A/C on I can tell anytime the A/C Compressor cycles. Can
anybody help with this problem.
Turn the A/C off. Seriously, this is normal of all cycling clutch air conditionig systems used since the late 70's to save fuel. It might pay to have a dealer check it though to see if some other problem exists. Roy