ford engine in 68 caddy?

hello,

I recently aquired a '68 coupe deville (free) with a blown engine, I can get a 429ci V8 out of a '73 ford LTD for a couple hundred bucks, does anyone know if they would bolt together? it might seem like a hell of a combination, but I'm looking for a quick fix, and I'm quite happy with ford engines anyway. I can't re-build the original even if it wasn't seized, it has a cracked block.

any comments or advice?

if this wouldn't bolt in and work what would?

any help is apreciated.

Gary

-- Gary Blessing A.K.A. "The Ice Tigre" "?©? ??®?" Have Laptop, Will Travel.

Reply to
Gary Blessing