Gas Gauge 97 seville not working

hi
my 97 seville's gas gauge isn't working properly. It usually measured about 1/2 tank more than it had, but lately its marking past full. The digital range meter also reads the same. Trip meter works fine and
that is how im keeping ahead of this.
Any tricks to get it to work again?
thanks to all responders,
Had the same trouble on my 97 sts. Had to change the fuel pump which has the gas gauge sending unit on it as one piece. Caddy wanted $800 for part. I got it at napa for $225. Took about an hour to change out.

thanks for the reply,...it helps to know all options.
have a good week,........