GM Top Cleaner

I have seen a product called GM Top Cleaner for removing carbon build up on piston and valves. Anybody had any experience with this or know anything about it?

Thanks.. Bob...

Reply to
Bob D.

Bob,

The full name of the product is called "GM Top Engine Cleaner". It has been around since at least the '60s - I've used it from time to time and it does do the job.

Follow the instructions on the can carefully, and do NOT use it in an enclosed area (the product itself is combustible).

BTW, it is a decent solvent for partially clogged PCV valves and the like.

Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

"Bob D." wrote:

Reply to
William H. Bowen