Looking at 90's Cadillacs - any things to avoid?

Ok...here's the deal...my wife will be working in and around Laughlin NV for a while. She needs a car to use and leave at the airport when she isn't there.
Leather interior and max A/C is a top priority for her... I want something she can get service on in my absence and I want to keep the price down. Small cars in the price range are mostly ratted out...So I'm thinking early to mid 90's Cadillac. Prices seem in the range..mileage can be all over the place from as low as 50k to 150k...
The last Caddy I owned was a 65 Fleetwood Brougham.(get ready to groan...bought it from the OO for $600 ..of course that was in '78) ..which I loved...but how are the 90's cars? Reliability...anything to avoid?
Thanks for any and all feedback!
Peter..in Denver
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 21:57:04 GMT, "Peter Crowl"

others. You're looking at cars that are over 10 years old. Mileage counts as does maintenance history. If the coolant wasn't changed regularly (every 2-3 years) you could be looking at head gasket problems. On a lot of the Caddies of that vintage you can pull the computer codes by starting the car and simultaneously depressing the "off" and "warmer" buttons at the heat/AC controls. Some are different but they can all be accessed by some similar means. Try www.caddyinfo.com for more information. You can also look up the codes, if any, there or on the net to see what they mean. If you find a potential winner, pay a mechanic familiar with Caddies whatever he wants to go over it well. Even if it costs you $100 or $200 to find out it's a dog you are still ahead of the game. This car is for your wife and you don't want her stuck on a deserted road in East Hockaloogie. FWIW YMMV DFB