No AC

in a 1996 Eldorado, why would the NO A C indicator in the climate control screen show up. I have tried to manually activate the AC but it will not 'kick' in.
Art
Sounds like the refrigerant is low. The system will keep the compressor from coming on if the charge is so low that damage could occur. If you have a gauge set, you can hotwire the compressor long enough to check pressure. Otherwise, it needs to visit the AC doctor.
I have the same problem with my 96' Seville SLS and the problem is my AC compressor is out and unfortunately I'm going to have to dish out big bucks to get it fixed, I thought my refrigerant was low so I got it charged, it blew cold air for a day and then it showed NO AC and blew hot air, so you might have to get it checked.
Your refrigerant WAS low or it would not have blown cold for a day after you charged it. Often times folks will charge the system with a dye so they can check for leaks. The compressor often seems to be the culprit when a system won't hold pressure. Not really any more difficult to change than an alternator or power steering pump if you've done those kinds of repairs.
"" wrote: > in a 1996 Eldorado, why would the NO A C indicator in the > climate control > screen show up. I have tried to manually activate the AC but > it will not > 'kick' in. > > Art
freon has leaked out of the system. it will not turn on if the freon is too low.