? on 97' seville

I turned the key and nothing. Got good cables, battery, charge... so I though it was the starter. The darn starter is under the intake manifold! I wanted to make sure it was the starter before I went and
pulled the manifold to get to it. After further examination I noticed a click when the key was turned. It's not coming from the starter soleniod, it's coming from the relay. Could the relay be bad? how do I know it's the relay and not the starter, so I don't have to pull the manifold? Is the relay supposed to click like that? Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Don't overlook the obvious and rush into something complicated. Unless you have load tested the battery, it still could be the battery. If it is more than 4 years old, I'd change it first. Cables should be checked at BOTH ends and removed, cleaned and reconnected at the battery (same at the other end if anything looks suspicious).
Good luck!