Re: My 86 Deville will not start

This (by chance) could be vaper lock but i am not realy sure fuel injected systems are prone to this or not. my 87 was doing it but it was the starter. i never checked the fule. The starter wouldn't turn over after it got hot. just my thoughts.

My 86 Deville is acting erratically, it sometimes will not start when > i'am shopping or running errands and if you let it sit for awhile 30min > or so it starts and runs fine then it acts up and wont start and the > cycle continues. It does this every ten starts or so, There doesn't seem > to be any fuel getting to the injecters but there is fuel in the tank > and at the fuel filter when I disconnected the line. If you drop fuel > into the throtle body it will start but stalls out when the fuel is used > up, any ideas?? > Thanks, James >
Reply to
Joe Bleed

More information would be great. when you say "it doesn't start" do you mean that it cranks but doesn't want to turn over completely or it just doesn't want to crank?

If, it doesn't want to turn over (or start completely), try going for the cheap repairs first - spark plugs& spark plug wires, air filter, etc....

If it doesn't want to crank at all, it would more then likely be a problem with your starter.

Joe Bleed wrote:

Reply to
Joshua Warner