SeVille 1989 Alternator Voltage Problem

Hi !!

I need some help, i have a big trouble on my car, voltage is not stable, i have change the alternator (the regulator is inside of the alternator) and the problem continue, when i connect the plug with 3 wire on the alternator, the voltage is between 12 and 16.2 volts, if i cut the little red wire on the plug, i have 11.8 volts but i don't have enough power and eat the batery, the gray connector is for No Charge Lamp and the big Red don't know what it do.

Someone can help me with this ???

thank's in advance for your help

Reply to
Daniel Gelinas

Don't cut the wire. The 12 to 16.2 volts sounds good to me.

Reply to
Don Schmidt

when the voltage is higher to 15.5 the Information Display Center tel me "Battery voltage high" and if a swith to high beam i burn the light..

Reply to
Daniel Gelinas

Ouch! The only other place I know to look is the battery. Have it checked would be my next step.

Reply to
Don Schmidt

OK, battery is a new one, Sears Die Hard 1000 Amp, alternator is new, i have make a test today, i have connect the small red wire on the 3 wire connector and the gray one but not the big red, i have 13.8 volt very stable and no problem.. i think the big red wire is connect to the starter ??? is it possible ? my starter work very fine with or without this wire connect to it.

Reply to
Daniel Gelinas

I've got the manuals for a 2001 DHS which I could scan a couple of wiring schematics and e-mail to you or give you a site to down load them from. I don't know if they would help but it wouldn't hurt to send them.

Reply to
Don Schmidt