TECH: 1991 Cadillac Eldorado Digital Display Panel

I recently bought a 1991 Cadillac Eldorado with 91K miles. Sometimes the digital display panel will go into "reset" mode when I'm driving - the "Service Engine Soon" light will go on, the speedometer will go to "zero" and the gas gauge gallons indicator will start flashing. Also the Driver Information Center said, "System Problem - Service Car Soon," and the heater would turn on automatically. If I turn off the engine and then restart, everything is back to normal and will work properly for a few days. Would this indicate a system computer is going bad? Many Thanks...

Reply to
fredsmythson

I'd check battery voltage, cable connections, cables and grounds before going further. The comps in these cars are very sensitive to lower that full voltage situations and will exhibit odd behavior. There may be sufficient voltage to start but low enough so the comp gets twitchy. FWIW YMMV

Reply to
NickySantoro