Tire Pressure Monitor

Page 3 of 3
Bob I wrote:

I don't know much about the Public Citizen group, but the concerns they raise are enough to make me wonder how useful tire pressure information will be if the thresholds are as low as they describe. I'm also concerned about a statement by that group that the systems do not have to work with replacement tires. And apparently the final rule says the systems need not measure tire pressure until a motorist has been driving between 30 and 60 miles per hour continuously for 20 minutes. If true, TPMS with that threshold of operation would be useless in most urban/suburban highway settings.
It sounds like there will be little consistency in tire pressure information between car manufacturers because of the exceptions permitted under the rule.
See this link - what do you think: http://www.citizen.org/autosafety/nhtsa/tread/tpms/index.cfm

know if kindergarten had started. If you are taking it over, as you should, and are able to pass this time I'll be there for you, three years is a long time to make it through any grade. Good luck, you'll need it.
--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

Dad wrote:

That is certainly an interesting response to my comment that described the problems with TPMs noted by one consumer group. Apparently you didn't understand their points. Understandable since some of the sentences were rather long and used words with more than one syllable. You had nothing to contribute and chose instead to start talking about kindergarten.

Why do you append inane phrases to your messages.

Some of the manufacturers (Pontiac is one that comes to mind on the Bonneville) are already using such a system: it is easy to do on a car with ABS because you already have rotational sensors at each wheel - all you need is the proper software code to process the information and display it (uou look for differential in the number of pulses per mile from the ABS wheel sensora, which tanslates to a difference in diameter of the tires from one side to another, the theory being that most of the time not all tires are low on air pressure at the same time)..
Unfortunately, the NHTSA doesb't think such a speed sensor system is accurate enough - in a new safety mandate they haded down a few months ago that, if memory serves me correctly takes effect in 2010, that will require tire pressure monitoring on all cars. The NHTSA has specifically said that rotation sensor-based systems will NOT be acceptable.

I feel your pain - I miss my old Cadillac too. But lordy the new ones are so butt-ugly - last decent looking Cadillac was the last-generation Seville. I would not take a CTS if someone gave me one.
Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA
wrote:snip

sad disappointment. Had it less the a year, still waiting for them to make something exciting again. May have to get a Z06 after the price gougers get done and just drive 2 Corvettes.
--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

Dad wrote:

was the same on my 2000 Grand Prix and is in place on my 2005 Grand Prix. Just a simple system that uses the abs wheel sensor to detect a difference in the rotational speed of the wheel compared to the others. I suppose if all tires were low to the same degree it wouldn't detect it. Had it warn of a low tire (nail) once so I guess it works.
Dave WI

My mom's 2000 Regal has that low tire light system. The one that utilizes the ABS and TC system. Not sure if my new car, a 2006 Grand Prix, will have the actual pressure displayed or just a low tire warning...
So we are a caddy forum now? Man I have learned more about cadilac in the last few days...
Hmmmm vette or caddy?
--

ZRiX (<>..<>)

"Luke" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com> wrote in message
It appears the thread has been cross posted.
--
Don
"Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
ZRiX wrote:

ZRiX wrote:

you need a special wieless tool to wake up your tire sensor, when you want to retate your tire position. that is a big problem for existing TPMS. because even tire maintain shop, they don't has this tool. it is very expensive, especially each car brand model has different tools. so even tire maintain shop they are not willing to buy it.
there is a one way you can rotate your tire. take back your wheel in correct location. and only change your tire (wheel can not be changed, becasue the tire sensor had monted in the wheel), because the OEM TPMS has no this new function for reconize seosor ID locatoin. so you only can do this way for DIY.
Try Orange TPMS (www.orange-electronic.com), Orange TPMS can be easy DIY to rotate your tire from front to rear or from right to lefe side and without any tool. that's a reason Orange TPMS is popular in TPMS market. you also can download their manual from their website. if you have any questoin for TPMS, you also can write email to Orange Electronic Co.Ltd. they are willing to help everybody for TPMS issue.
Simply not true, you need to do better home work.

the only one way for your DIY is put back your tire in correct way. then take off the tire only (wheel cannot be changed the location, because the tire sensor had monted in the wheel), then change tire location only, not wheel.
actually, they has a special wireless tool to wake up your tire, but the tool is not so cheap, and every car brand has differnet code tools, and these OEM sensor supplier has no technology for re-location function for without tool. therefor, even tire manitain shop, they hate that job for location tire.
Try Orange TPMS (www.orange-electronic.com), they has this function inside, thus, if you want to rotate your tire location, you just change it ans normal, their receiver will be auto catch the new ID and locatoin of tire. that is a new technology.
if you have any question in TPMS, you can just write them an email. they are willing to answer you any TPMS questions.