wondering

By reading some of the questions on here I am wondering if the northstar engine is junk? What years have this engine? Should I stay away from it? Head bolts stripping out? Yikes! Thanks.

Reply to
swiftwinger

Northstar started in 1993 Allante and has had problems thru 97-98 because of soft block castings, oil leaks and oil consumption, after 98-99 they are good, if you like Cadillac a 2000 or later is the best car. Northstar is a very fast engine with loads of torque. Curtis

All Cadillac technical questions answered, specializing in 1967 to 2005

Reply to
Curtis