12 bolt rear with 4 leaf perch to monoleaf adapter

I'm replacing my 10 bolt in my '68 with a 12 bolt that has 4 leaf perches. Here's my problem - Does anyone know where I can get the adapter to mount this rear to the mono-leaf springs. Rumor has it the dapater/spacer is out there, but I'm having no luck finding any or even who makes them. Thanks...Tom

Reply to
t58v

Why would you want to keep the mono leaf? They have a lot of wind-up. All the 12 bolts came with multileafs.

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
t58v

This is kind of new to me at least. Are you looking for a spacer to fill in where the 4 leaf springs used to reside? Just get new pads and U-bolts and call it a day. This will even give you an inch of height or so in the rear.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Did not. My 67's both had mono leaf springs with a 12 bolt. I put a multi leaf rear under a 64 Chevy II one time and kept the mono leaf. I made whatever was in there for a spacer but I have no memory of how I did it, but I had very a limited selection of tools and was able to do it with no problem.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

All 12 bolt Camaros came with multi-leaf springs.

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
t58v

Wrong again Jim, look into this:

The 3925817 spring is a single leaf spring used by all V8 '67 Camaros with F41 suspension and is standard with The Z28 model.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Personally, I don't see a need for any type of spacer between the axle housing and the spring perch. Replacing the vibration pads, removing the T-bolts, and replacing them with U-bolts is the thing to do. As long as the guide pins are in place there will be no movement. With an aluminum spacer the pilots wear out and cause problems unless you keep a very close eye on the part.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to
RSCamaro

"Big Al" is correct - all '67's came with mono-leaf springs regardless of axle, '68 12-bolt axles came with the multi-leaf

this helps clarify

Reply to
MarkA

Which were all 10 bolts, not 12.