12 bolt rear with 4 leaf perch to monoleaf adapter

I'm replacing my 10 bolt in my '68 with a 12 bolt that has 4 leaf perches. Here's my problem - Does anyone know where I can get the adapter to mount this rear to the mono-leaf springs. Rumor has it the
dapater/spacer is out there, but I'm having no luck finding any or even who makes them. Thanks...Tom
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Why would you want to keep the mono leaf? They have a lot of wind-up. All the 12 bolts came with multileafs.
That's a fair point but I'm still after an answer to the adapter issue. thx JimV wrote:

On 21 Oct 2005 20:39:51 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

This is kind of new to me at least. Are you looking for a spacer to fill in where the 4 leaf springs used to reside? Just get new pads and U-bolts and call it a day. This will even give you an inch of height or so in the rear.
Ron - Yep, just looking for a solid type spacer to fill the gap. afraid rubber will let too much movement occur. Someone made these in the past. Thx...Tom RSCamaro wrote:

On 22 Oct 2005 20:51:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Personally, I don't see a need for any type of spacer between the axle housing and the spring perch. Replacing the vibration pads, removing the T-bolts, and replacing them with U-bolts is the thing to do. As long as the guide pins are in place there will be no movement. With an aluminum spacer the pilots wear out and cause problems unless you keep a very close eye on the part.

Did not. My 67's both had mono leaf springs with a 12 bolt. I put a multi leaf rear under a 64 Chevy II one time and kept the mono leaf. I made whatever was in there for a spacer but I have no memory of how I did it, but I had very a limited selection of tools and was able to do it with no problem.
Al
Big Al wrote:

All 12 bolt Camaros came with multi-leaf springs.

Wrong again Jim, look into this:
The 3925817 spring is a single leaf spring used by all V8 '67 Camaros with F41 suspension and is standard with The Z28 model.
Al
Big Al wrote:

Which were all 10 bolts, not 12.

"Big Al" is correct - all '67's came with mono-leaf springs regardless of axle, '68 12-bolt axles came with the multi-leaf http://www.camaros.org/suspen.shtml#MonoVsMultiSprings Hope this helps clarify