12 bolt rearend

How many other Camaro's besides the 69 came with a 12 bolt? Do the newer ones come with a 12 or is it a 10?

If there is a site to inform me of this please point me to it.

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott

The 12 bolt was discontinued after 1972. Twelve bolt rear ends wear originally used only in cars with 300hp and up. The newer 10 bolt rear ends, such as are currently used, are unrelated to the 10 bolt rear axles from the

60's and are much stronger. - Gary
Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

Thanks!

I have a chance to buy a 12 bolt Camaro rearend for $100 with internals, but the owner doesn't know what year it is. I'm still waiting on pictures of it to make sure it is a Camaro Rearend and not a Chevelle. I got the codes off the housing from him, but I can't find codes that match so I'm a little skeptical about it.

Thanks again, Scott

Reply to
Scott

If it has leaf spring perches it will fit your Camaro. If it has control arm brackets it for Either the Chevelle or Impala family of cars. - Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

I realized that but I was curious how many different years had the 12 bolt patterns. Knowing that would help me limit the years that this Rearend was made in. I have been looking for one, for my 69 Z/28 Camaro ( I sold the original 12 bolt that was in it, like a dumbass when I was in high school, now I'm paying the price for it). But the price this guy is offering is unbeatable because I can't find you for under $800.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott