17" wheels for 4th gen- tire life?

What kind of tire life are you guys getting running 17" rims? Is it dramatically worse than the 16" rims? Also, any advice on where to get
decent 17" rims at a reasonable price? Car is a '95 Z28
A good place to get decent priced rims is lake shore wheel and tire, http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/ . They have a lot of good rims like factory 16 and 17's and also C5 and C6 replicas for the best price I've found. That's where I'm gettin my 19 inch C6 wheels when I get the money. They also have tire specials where they mount and balance them for you and them ship them whole. Good luck.
The Freak