1967 Camaro Tire Size for front and back

I have a 1967 Camaro Stock rear end.
What is the largest tire & rim size (I want a 15") to put on the rear and front? Also what offsets or backspace? I am hoping a 15x7 or
15x8 would work? Many thanks!

I have a '68 with 15X8's all around - backspace was 4 or 4.5.
http://jimhim.ugate.net:1024/camaro.htm
--
Jim H

One word. Sweet!
Thanks for the help!

With drums up front you have to use 15 x 8 w/ 3 - 7/16" BS. The wheels inner rim will strike the outer tie rod end. For the rear, the 4.5" BS will work fine. Before you order your wheels measure everything 3 times to make sure you don't end up with a set of wheels that you can't use.
...Ron

-- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rscamero
Newly updated
Some are wise and some are otherwise
Hi Ron,
I have disc up front. So the 4.5 BS will work fine too correct? Thanks!

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:54:07 GMT, tmc

You'll have to pull the wheels off and measure the distance from the rotor where the wheel bolts on out from center in a 14" to 16" circle and measure the distances that a wire, tape measure, etc. hits any components. Make sure that you allow for suspension compression and the wheel wells.