1970 Camaro SS worth restoring?

Hello all, I have a 70 SS camaro, numbers don't match. Was originally a straight 6. It's been sitting for 20 years without being driven. I have a 454 big block in it, that's never been run. In your opinion is this car
worth restoring? I'm afraid to start poking around at it, from fear or what I might find. What can I expect to find? I know the engine does need to be rebuilt again. Don't ask me why it's been sitting for 20 years.
Thanks, Zantino
I think you should just give it to me and I'll save you a lot of time, money, and aggravation. ;-)
someone probaly put a 6 in it...if its been sitting..its worth restore..but more $ the brakes,lines n alot of other stuff r probaly froze up or rusted off..the engine will be the cheaper part of this reso...how is the body?
Was originally a straight 6. ======================================Originally a straight 6? SS? I don't think so.......

If the car originally came with a straight six, then it's not really an SS. The smallest engine that ever came in an SS Camaro any year was the 350. In 1970 there were a few rare beast built with 402's, but budged a 396. - Gary

The last line in my last post was supposed to read " a 402 badged as a 396" not budged. That's what happens when you trust your spell checker too much. :)
Gary
it is NOT an SS Camaro if it had a 6 cylinder originally
only the 300hp/350 4bbl engine and the 396's were available in the SS Camaro in 70 PERIOD
But ALL 70-81 Camaros are worthy of restoration as far as preserving it. the 6 cyl. 307 350-2bbl cars are worthy of speed parts and engine swaps.
So strap in the BBC
Make the car pretty and enjoy it

isnt the 6c 307 to 350 a v8????
lamdas2000 spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

I thought a 307 was a V8...a rather crappy one at that. :)
NOI

although if ya put a 350 crank in it, it makes it a 327.

It does come out pretty close to 327, but that's a completely different bore and stroke combination than what Chevrolet used. A 307 was actually a 283 with a 327 crank. 3.875 bore 3.25 stroke.
Gary

4.00 x 3.25
Actually I would take a 307 over a 305 any day. the 307 has a much better bore to stroke ratio. I've had a couple 307's myself and I was very happy with them. Not every car has to be a hotrod.. - Gary

Not every car has to be a hotrod.. - Gary
blasphemy!

Any 1970 Camaro for the most part is worth saving. If you don't want it, Ill take it off your hands. Charles