1970 Camro Spark plugs

Hi all. I have a 1970 Camaro with a 350 250 HP motor in it. I would run the AC 44 spark plugs in it. Now I find these plugs are no longer available. Any body know a good replacement plug to use? Thanks for any
advice or comments.
Have you tried the AC R44? That's just the resistor version of the same plug. I know resistor plugs don't sound good, but in reality they usually run just as good. You could also try Accell. I believe they still make an equivalent version of the original non resistor plug. - Gary

run
any

Accel #276 is a non-resistor equivalent.
You can get them through Jeg's, Summit, etc. if you can't find them locally.
-Matt- "..."

run
any
Accel plugs are reboxed NGKs... Or used to be..havent bought a set of them in about 9 years..so they might have changed vendors.

locally.

Those should burn the valves right out of your heads within 12,000 miles.

plug
I've been running R43S plugs for 3 years and a bit over 20,000 miles in my 70 LT1, no problems yet.
Dave
poncho462 wrote:

ignore tarver, he's the resident retard...

miles.
my
The retards os this newsgroup are the whip out your dick gang.
The s tip version is bad for valves, but is used in some standard tip spark plugged GM engines after they start burning oil.

in
spark
As normal, wrong.
And no..they are not bad for valves...the lack of lead in the fuel, used as lube for the valves, is bad for the valves...
Tarver...get a clue...will you?
An AC R43S is actually one step colder than a R44. The "S" just means the electrode doesn't extend as far into the chamber as the standard plug. "S" means short. The number is always the heat range with AC plugs. - Gary

in
spark
Ray spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Poncho/Dave knows this. He's the polite one here. :)
NOI

I had to show this to the wife. She is amazed anyone thinks I'm polite. ;^)
Speaking of sparkplugs, I got an hour or so to flip through a NASCAR engine builders guide and came across something interesting about spark plugs. The funny part is the guy who runs the dyno I'm using now said the same thing I read but his information is based on dyno runs at the shop. Say you buy a set of R43S (or other applications) plugs for your street/strip car. Don't bother regapping the plugs to a wider gap to make more power. It doesn't make any more power than if you just check them for consistent gaps. I tried it myself dropping from 0.045 to the 0.035 from the manufacturer and didn't see any change at all. You'll pick up more power switching to a synthetic oil (not much but it could change a 12.05 into a 11.99) than wasting your time regapping your plugs.
I'll bet the big boys at the strip have other ideas but till I'm making over 1200 hp I don't think I'll have to worry about it. ;^)
YMMV
Dave