1972 Camaro Question???

Could someone please tell if it is possible for a regular Camaro to be a "real" split bumper car?? There was a 1972 Camaro in my local car magazine for sale at a very reasonable price, so reasonable that it was
sold within 2 days after the book came out.
I only talked to the guy one time and I wanted to get more info. on the car, but the car is sold, and the guy has moved away. But I would still like to know what kind of Camaro it was??
I guess the guy had it for about 15 years and took good care of it. He said he washed it almost every day and never drove it in the rain or in the winter. He had alot of money invested in the car, about $10,000 dollars he said, and then one day the unthinkable happened!!
It was stolen and found about 2 weeks later in the "gang filled area" of the city. The whole interior had been slashed up, seats and everything, and the exterior of the car had been spraypainted with black spraypaint all over it. All kinds of graffiti like pictures of naked women and swears were spraypainted on the car.
The guy was heartbroken and decided to sell the car for cheap to just end his nightmare.
Anyway, his ad read like this:
1972 Camaro: 350, 4 bolt, bored 30, Edelbrock comp cam, 10.1 forged 194 fuelies, 700 miles, body nice, needs paint, moving must sell, $1800.
Now what the car looked like from the picture: It was a White Camaro ( with Black spraypaint all over it ) and it had the 2 "split bumpers" and it had the "banana style" parking lights underneath the split bumpers. It also had a GRAY grill and it DIDN'T have the "hide-a-way" windshield wipers.
So now after all this, my question is, did a regular Camaro come with the split bumper and banana style parking lights, or could this have been a Camaro SS model??? I have read that the the Camaro SS, RS, Z28, and SS/RS models all came with a Black grill, grill extensions, and hide-away windshield wipers. And the regular Camaros had a Grey grill and no hide-away wipers like this one had.
Did the regular base Camaros come with a split bumper and banana lights??? Or was the split bumper probably just added to this one, and it was nothing more than a replica/fake split bumper camaro??? Thanks in advance for any kind of info.!!!

It was nothing more than RS bumperettes put on a standard Camaro nose. It is quite common to see people do this. The RS nose is completely different from the standard front end. The RS has an extended nose, and the parking lights are between the headlights. They are small and round. The grille is actually two pieces and has a split down the center.
--
Mr. Floppy

Mr. Floppy was right on the nose. Also this split bumper was part of the R/S option that was could be bought alone or with the SS or Z 28 package. The standard Camaro had the full bumper & that too could be bought with the SS or Z 28 package. That is why you will see 2 versions of the SS & Z 28 on the road today. Big Duke 1970 Camaro owned since 1972