1985 camaro not starting

Just a quick question...here I go.. I have a 1985 Camaro..2.8L. The problem lies in that it will not start..I am under no circumstances a mechanic..but
was under the understanding that in order for and engine to start and run all that was needed is fuel, and fire, and oxygen..I have all kinds of fuel coming up to the engine..I have a good spark..and there is air all around..but the thing still wont start..It is unbelievably frustrating..I thought the perhaps it had "jumped its timing" but when the number 1 piston is top dead center the rotor button is pointing to it..which I am under the understanding that this is correct so I have no more reasons to believe that it has jumped its timing...also someone had informed me that perhaps the computer is gone..but I was under the understanding that a check engine soon light should be on..so if anyone had any ideas/suggestion to what is wrong could they please reply/post and help me out. Thanks, Patrick
Pat,
You said you had spark for the ignition?.....The color of the spark should be blueish in color, if it's orange....the module went bad. As far as timing...if you haven't removed the distributor ,I would guess timing is not the problem.
Also , was it running before this all started....or did you receive it that way?
Good luck.....Stan
problem

mechanic..but
fuel
piston
the
that
soon
Hey Stan, The fire from the plug is blue..and a good flame.. I haven't had a chance to get into the garage today..but going to go to the garage tomorrow..I'm telling you..its absolutely crazy..never heard of anything like it..I'm thinking of naming the car Christine. When I bought the car it stated and ran fine for about two weeks..then one day it did this...and did it for about a month..couldn't figure it out..the I started and ran fine again for about 3 days..then the same thing again...crazy frustrating...ohh well thanks again..and if any other ideas or suggestions please let me know..and If I figure anything out..I'll let you know what the problem was. Thanks again, Patrick ----- Original Message -----
Newsgroups: alt.autos.camaro Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:08 AM Subject: Re: 1985 camaro not starting

Sounds interesting. I don't have a clue, but we have a 1987 Camaro (2.8L V6) sitting in the garage that won't start, and it only has 34000 actual miles on it. I have never had so much trouble with a car in my life as we have had with the Camaro. Thats why we also have a toyota Avalon.
Good luck. If you find the answer, please post it for the group. Graybeard