1986 305 4BBL Carb

Anyone have a problem with vacuum lines ? I checked the dist line & it's okay but when your moving along it feels like I have a leak some where as it
surges ? I cleaned out the distributor cap & checked the timing & cheeked the carb out which will need replacement in the near future as the throttle linkage is getting warn.