1987 Camaro

The wife has a 1987 Camaro with only 46,000 miles on it, but it is unbelievably trouble-prone. The fuel gauge was acting erratically and finally the car would not start.
So we took it to a mechanic, who replaced the fuel pump and the rusting gas tank, and told us that the fuel gauge sender was broke, and a replacement was not available.
Well the car runs fine now, but the fuel gauge shows constant empty. I filled the tank, checked the mileage, and made a spread sheet on a small card to keep track of the mileage for the next fill-up.
Any suggestions on how to get the gauge/sender repaired or replaced?
Graybeard
The best way is bye going to the local salvage yards. & Hunting your part down I had the same problem & it was a fast fix for $10.00 but a bit of hunting which was fun as I found lot's of parts that I could use.
Cheers 86 IROC 4BBL
Graybeard wrote:

Have you looked around for an aftermarket version?
                    NOI
Graybeard wrote:

the sending unit on that car is in the fuel tank (a pain in the ass to get to also...there is a site (thirdgen.org) that explains in detail how to get to it and replace it....