1987 Camaro Engine Swap???

should i put a 350 into my 87. it now has the v-6 in it would it be worth it for daily driving and some playing around on weekends?

Reply to
CaMaRo_RoLlIn

All depends on if you have a transmission for the 350, new 'puter, new rear end, new radiator I think, new springs and shocks, and a WHOLE lot of alcohol.. lol. If not, I would say don't bother. and Buy a 3rd gen WITH a

350.. probably will cost you about the same with less hassle.
Reply to
KITT

If your looking for a little more power without basically replacing the whole drive train look at the 3.4 liter v6's that came in the newer camaros. I have one in my '86 and it runs awsome. I'm using all the other original equipment(computer, trans, rear). It's got plenty of pep. I have trouble getting the tires to grip, especially in the rain. I've done a few mods. flowmaster exhaust, sounds like a v8. And a set of custom ram air boxes that hook into the exsisting intake setup. Check out

for more info.

Reply to
JoJo84