1988 camaro sport, 305 TBI automatic heating up!

Las vegas, Nevada (hot city right now) Trying to keep my camaro from heating up.

1988 camaro sport, 305 TBI automatic New radiator, thermostat, coolant, has been flushed, new oil, temp sensor etc. Have tried different thermostats also, but my baby still runs way too hot. Timing good, plugs are new on and on. Any help is much appreciated!!

Mr. Bill

Reply to
Mr. Bill

Both fans running?

Reply to
JimV

Unless his is different than my TBI, there is only 1 fan. I would ask for the definition of too hot, as mine runs around 210-240 which is normal. That said, if I run the AC, then it starts to rise until it really is overheating. I have not yet been able to find out why it's doing this, as I have changed the radiator, all hoses, thermostat and sending units with no change. The fan runs when it's supposed to (comes on at 220-240 and turns off at around 200-210 and runs any time the AC compressor is running) and still with AC on it slowing increases in temp until it reaches the point of overheating if I let it keep going. If I turn off the AC, it goes pretty quickly back to normal. Oh, I went with the highest cooling rating choice for standard/compatible radiator available for my model. I also added an external trans oil cooler and bypassed the one in the radiator to remove that as a source of heat. I am thinking of an engine oil cooler next.

Reply to
Cy Welch