1989 v6 camaro rs won't start

car was sitting for about 2 months and took a hard time to start up so i know it still runs and it didnt have good power. and the next time i tried to start it, it wouldn'ti've changed all the sparks and wires, an ex mechanic checked to see if i was getting fuel by checking some type oh hose by the fuel injection, and said the fuel pump is not the problem. he did the screw driver thing with the spark plug and said it had no spark. said it more then likely is the ignition module. is there a way to really check that part before i purchase another one. they don't come cheap and could there be another problem?? please help!!!!!

Reply to
cshellzbynow

Don't know if this is your problem or not but I used to have an 85 Camaro that was notorious for the solenoid switch on the starter dieing. In fact, when it wouldn't start at all, I could usually open up the hood, and hit the solenoid switch with a pair of pliers then it would crank right up. Never did figure that out as I got a newer car later on.

Drew

Reply to
Drew