----- 1991 camaro rs v6 help please -- antifreeze smell -----

please email me here snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net-nospam please remove -nospam
Dear all, I have a 91 camaro rs v6 when I drive it for a while and stop and park I smell
antifreeze.... I don't see any leaks but I keep smelling it the radiator seems fine...what do I look for ?
Also the engine sometimes make a notice like is the valves notice or out of timing noise not sure.....
can anyone advice please thanks chris ny
AOL AIM - > fondriest2000 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
please email me here snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net-nospam please remove -nospam
Dear all, I have a 91 camaro rs v6 when I drive it for a while and stop and park I smell antifreeze.... I don't see any leaks but I keep smelling it the radiator seems fine...what do I look for ?
Also the engine sometimes make a notice like is the valves notice or out of timing noise not sure.....
can anyone advice please thanks chris ny
AOL AIM - > fondriest2000 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
Do you smell the antifreeze before you get out of the car, or after? Also is the noise a metallic clickety noise near the top of the engine? Maybe I can help if you tell me.
Superman

: please remove -nospam : : Dear all, : I have a 91 camaro rs v6 : when I drive it for a while and stop and park I smell : antifreeze.... I don't see any leaks but I keep smelling it : the radiator seems fine...what do I look for ? : : Also the engine sometimes make a notice like is the valves notice or out of : timing noise : not sure..... : : can anyone advice please : thanks : chris : ny
Could be small leak in head gasket. Could be spillage from last time you filled it. Could be something else entirely.
I know.....really helpful.
GLK9MM Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

Could also be a pinhole leak in the radiator or one of the hoses. <G>
NOI
: > Could be small leak in head gasket. Could be spillage from last : > time you : > filled it. Could be something else entirely. : > : > I know.....really helpful. : : Could also be a pinhole leak in the radiator or one of the hoses. : <G> : : NOI
Ooh.....reminds me of a time I had two hoses split lengthwise down the hose right at the firewall. Was really really fun.
GLK9MM Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

Bet you really used a lot of swear words that day, eh? <G>
NOI
: : > Ooh.....reminds me of a time I had two hoses split lengthwise down : > the hose : > right at the firewall. Was really really fun. : : Bet you really used a lot of swear words that day, eh? <G> : : NOI
After about three miles I did. =(
GLK9MM Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

Ewww. You were travelling when it happened.
I hate it when that happens! Ruins my whole damn day!
NOI