1992 transmission Question?

do I have to replace my trany with the same kind (7004R) or can I replace it with a different one? And how much more money and work would be involved

-- rsslld1
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-359137.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:58:07 +0100, rsslld1

Depends on the replacement transmission. You may have to move the trans. crossmember, lengthen or shorten the driveshaft, burn a new chip (just throwing this out as it has nothing to do with my reality or actually knowing that the trans is tied into the computer).
I thought it might be a little to much trouble. Thank
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:58:07 +0100, rsslld

Depends on the replacement transmission. You may have to move th trans. crossmember, lengthen or shorten the driveshaft, burn a ne chip (just throwing this out as it has nothing to do with my realit or actually knowing that the trans is tied into the computer)
...Ro
- 68' Camaro R 88' Firebird Formul 00' Mustang GT Ver