1995 Z-28 Shock Absorber Replacement Brand?

My '95 Z-28 needs new shocks and struts. Replacement for oem shocks/struts, 91,000 miles.
Prefer equal to stiffer ride compared with OEM. Daily driver to work and back mostly.
My mechanic is recommending Monroe Sensatracs. I think they maybe too soft?
I am thinking of KYB GR-2's.
Need sugggestions on what brands to consider.
Thanks.