1996 Z-28 Won't Start

I turn the key and the interior (radio, gauges, etc.) power-up, but the engine won't turn over. No clicking or grinding... nothing. It feels like your trying to start the car without pressing the clutch in.

Reply to
irocmp

Do you have the correct Pass Key for the ignition? Did you try to clean the sensors?

Other than that I have no idea

Hope someone here can help you out.

engine won't turn over. No clicking or grinding... nothing. It feels like your trying to start the car without pressing the clutch in.

Reply to
Uncle cuban

I think one clue to look for is the Security light. It will either remain on -- or flash depending on how the decoder determines a mis-match from the PASS-Key's resistor pellet.

If you're fairly certain the PASS-Key is correct, clean and dry there could be a problem with the ignition switch or the sensor that signals a start-up clutch disengagement.

I would check and clean the battery cable contact points and inspect the cable and connections to the starter motor.

regards

Reply to
Messenger